Are you registering your domain and buying a webhosting plan for the first time? We’re here to help guide you through the process step by step. The first thing to do is to pick a reliable webhosting provider and we’ve done the homework for you by testing out different companies ourselves and seeking authentic reviews. Although all popular webhosting companies work similarly, we’ve chosen Siteground as our top recommended webhost provider. (As of May 2016, Siteground is officially a recommended webhost by WordPress as well.) Besides reliability, we’ve especially been blown away by their super quick and helpful customer service so we know you’ll be in good hands! To begin, follow the steps below:
1. Visit our recommended webhost at siteground.com
2. Click Sign Up.
3. Select the type of hosting plan you want. For people starting with one website, a StartUp Hosting Plan is sufficient. Click Order Now to move to the next step of registering your domain.
4. Make sure you check the box Register a New Domain.
5. Type in your desired domain name and click Proceed. If your domain name is unavailable (ie. somebody has already taken it), you will need to try a different one until it gets approved.
6. After your domain name is approved, you will be sent to the final page where you will fill in your information and payment mode as requested.
7. Select your desired Data Center. Choose from these 3 options: USA (Chicago, IL) / Europe (Amsterdam, NL) / Asia-Pacific (Singapore). We recommend picking the one that’s closest to you or your website visitors.
8. Select your desired Period for the webhosting plan. We recommend choosing the 36 months plan for more savings over the longer run.
9. Select or deselect the extra services available. For those on a tight budget, we recommend deselecting these options and looking into installing free WordPress security and backup plugins instead.
10. Check your Order Summary and click Submit Order to make your payment.
11. Once payment has been cleared, you will receive an Welcome email with your new account details.
12. Allow 24-72 hours for your new domain to be fully propagated and then proceed to install WordPress.
NEXT STEPS: How to Install WordPress Software